The benefits of smoking cessation are truly unlimited. We all expect our health to improve, but that is just the beginning of this wonderful journey. The positive results of smoking cessation listed below were collected from About.com Smoking Cessation forum members. They quickly learned that the return on their efforts to quit smoking was well worth the work it took to achieve it -- and then some.
Settle in with a cup of tea and grab some inspiration from those who have made a success of smoking cessation.
Benefits of Smoking Cessation
- Every breath I take feels so clean and refreshing
- I'm not tired during the day...yet I sleep like a rock at night
- I have more stamina, endurance, and confidence
- More cash in my pocket
- My clothes don't stink
- I'm not ashamed of smoking anymore
- My anxiety level has gone way, way down
- I can breathe!
- I'm working out like a champ
- I am in control of ME
- No more coughing
- I'm eating better--I used to substitute cigarettes for food a lot
- I can smell again
- My complexion is much better
- My heart feels relaxed...like it can do more work with less effort now
- Less heartburn and indigestion
- More respect for myself
- No need to worry about attending events where I can't smoke
- My house smells good! My car smells good!
- No more fear of fire caused by smoking
- I spend money on my health now, like working out at a health club, instead of on cigs
- My sinus problems are gone!
- My allergies and asthma have improved
- I don't feel like a hypocrite
- I can sing again!
- No more time wasted smoking
- Whiter teeth
- Fresh breath
- Sharper thinking
- Pride in myself
- No more guilt about exposing family and friends to secondhand smoke
- Confidence in my ability to achieve whatever goal I set for myself!
Smoking cessation is not out of reach, it’s doable, and you have the ability to make it happen, right now. Believe it and believe in yourself.
Quit smoking now!