- I have quit a couple times, once for a year and I am not sure what had me start again, I think it was the "I can only have one" while having a drink. I hate the smell of cigarettes and now have not had one in a week. I feel good and I smell good too. Just keep it up and it only gets better.
- —Guest Jenny
Away From Bad Breath and More Energy
- Have quit for the last 3 days...... no more bad breath and feeling energetic...... gonna quit for good this time.
- —Guest Red Fox
34 Year Smoker
- My wife and I have only been quit for 18 hrs. We both know it's gonna be hard, but we have each other and that should help. Aside from the health aspects, we spend 20 bucks a day on smokes. easily spending 6 grand annually. That's ridiculous, and that alone should help a bunch. Wish us luck.
Hoping My Story Can Help You
- I have been a non-smoker for 3 1/2 years now. I feel that I need to tell this story because there might be someone who reads this that is wanting to quit and also for the ones quitting to keep up the good work! I have 33% of my lungs left because of smoking , COPD because of smoking. So what little bit of my lungs left I had gotten lung cancer but, I am doing so much better. Maybe this story will help someone. Good luck everyone!
- —Guest Tedi
- No smelly clothes. Had a friend shampoo the carpet and upholstery in my car the first week and after a month, the smell is creeping through again; that's how bad it was saturated. I like breathing better and certainly don't miss the 4am trips to the bathroom to hack until I choked something up. I never thought I would make it 24 hours and its been 34 days. I honestly don't miss it and it's getting easier every day.
Nicotine is Not My Friend, It's My Enemy
- I have not smoked for over 30 hours. I am using the patch and so far it has been a breeze. I smoked for 25 years and have wanted to quit for 24 of them. I always made up excuses why I couldn't do it. I really feel like I can do this now, but then there are those moments where I wish a year had gone by so that I could say yes, I did it. It amazed me that when I went to get in my car this morning to go to work how bad my car smelled I had to drive to work with it raining and 42 degrees with my windows down. I had never noticed how bad the smell was until now. I have 2 wonderful kids 17 and 10 and they are so excited that I am doing this. I already feel proud and want to call myself a non-smoker. It took me a long time to realize that the nicotine beast was not my friend, it was an enemy that was trying its best to kill me and take me away from the people that I love the most in the world. If I could change one day in my 41 years it would be the day that I picked up that first cigarette. Hanging in there.
- —Guest I can do it
I'm a Non-Smoker
- I have not smoked now for 33 days. I stopped on the 31/10/11 and feel brilliant. I am enjoying my Zumba classes as I can now finish the class and still have energy! I have a 1yr old Grandson and a new Granddaughter due 2moro 4/12/11. I I want to see them grow up. I am 54 and I have smoked since I was 12, quitting, starting etc. This time I know it is for good. Thanks for this site and good luck to all you now non-smokers!!
- —Guest Carol
- I am breathing better. I have more time on my hands since I do not have to fetch my cigarettes, ashtrays etc. I visit this forum whenever I feel unhappy. I recommend this site to my smoking pals and try to stay nicotine-free by encouraging others to quit and best of all thanks to you all, I am one month and ten days without a smoke.
Unexpected Knock-on Benefits
- Approaching the 3 month mark, thanks largely to Allen Carr’s Easyway method (3rd icky 3, hence the visit here today for much appreciated support!). Never thought I would actually be able to kick this 30/day 30yr addiction, but now that I have, it’s changing my whole life! The resultant feelings of self-empowerment have magically rolled out to all aspects of my life. And the tougher it is, the more empowering it gets, what a bonus! Seems to be a cascade of other self-limiting beliefs toppling away, giving rise to a much healthier version of myself - mentally, physically, spiritually! Benefits I never expected, yay!
- —Guest Lauren
Thank you Lord!
- On November 6th, my husband took me to the hospital because I could not breathe. I had severe bronchitis and panicked when I had shortness of breath. I have never experienced that sensation in the 26 years that I have been smoking. Since that evening, I have not been able to breathe normally and have been on breathing treatments, inhalers and steroids. I have been a non-smoker since 11/11/11. Honestly, if I could have been able to smoke I would have, but thank God that he made it impossible with my condition. I am feeling better and though I crave once in awhile, I hear my body thanking me for not smoking. Life is so very short, so please, love yourself and surrender to God and you will remain strong and healthy.
- —Guest stacy
- I have smoked since I was 15 and I am now 27. I realized that if I loved myself than I would take better care of my health. The cigarettes ruined my breathing which limited my physical activities. I decided to quit cigarettes one day ago and already I feel better. I even went for a walk today to help me with the cravings. I want to take care of myself. For a long time I felt no one loved me but today I have learned to love myself and trust in God. Good luck
- —Guest Teresa
It's Only Been Three Months?
- Seems like I quit years ago, its been three months and two weeks. My family and friends don't even ask me anymore about how it's going. I feel great and I'm proud of myself, thanks for the help!
- —Guest Gill
I Quit Before My Heart Does
- This is my 18th day of smoking free life. I am proud of myself and sure that I will continue this fight until the end. Victory will be a better and longer life.
- —Guest Ahmad
One year, Two Months SMOKE FREE....
- Amazing and the longest I have ever gone...quit many times....My choice...this is the last time! My children bought me a bike to ride...instead of smoking...been saving my cig money with an automated account...to spend when I am ready...education of smoking is very reinforcing and helps the silly voice inside justifying "just one more cig"....All you have to do is make the choice... to smoke? or not? A conscious choice is the beginning...the rest is here for your knowledge and support...it works!!
- —Guest cathy
How Much I Appreciate LIFE
- After 26 years of smoking cigarettes, the best part about quitting is the amount of time I have left on a daily basis to spend with my best friends. My daughters, my wife and myself. I wake up every morning and I am free, I am not a slave, I breathe, and the best of all, I smell life. It takes such a long time to ruin your surroundings with this habit. I did not know until I finally quit. My car, my clothes, my hats, my garage, all of them smelled so bad; however it took me just a few weeks to clean it, refresh it and make it free of smoke.
- —Guest Al Mendoza