- I put down my last cigarette 6 months ago. I recently discovered that the smell of somone smoking is now disgusting to me. YAY!!!
The Best Thing About Not Smoking...
- (Aside from fewer health worries), is not planning my day around whether or not I have an ample ration of butts to smoke! Do I smoke this last one at 1 a.m. on the way to buy more? Or wait until daylight to come up with an excuse to go to town (to buy more)? I like thumbing my nose at the smoke shops in passing! I was spending as much on cig butts, as I spend on groceries! I can think of MUCH better uses for that kind of dough!
- —Guest Tree
- The almost $1700 in pocket since I quit. But also the ability to walk, a good deep sleep, clean, sweet smelling skin again, soft, shiny hair and blotchy skin gone. Will never go back to any of it.
Proud of Myself
- I am on day 5 of quitting smoking. I am proud that I am following through with what I said I was going to do. I still don't feel quite normal yet- but it does seem to be getting easier. I am excited about kissing my boyfriend when he get back into town with smoke- free breath!!!
- —Guest Jenni
3 Days to My Anniversary
- 3 days from now will be one full year without smoking - at all. No cheats, no slips...I am a non-smoker after 28 years. I've quit about 100 times before this, and always talked myself back into smoking - this time I talked myself out of it. I try not to say that it was easy, although I didn't have the challenges I've had in the past - I think that when you're TRULY ready, you will stop. Whatever your motivation is, quitting must be done for you. The little milestones along the way will be what keep you going...just wait til the first time you eat a delicious meal and can actually taste it! You'll never want to ruin that flavour by sticking a smoke in your mouth. I smile more now, knowing my teeth are whiter. It really is a great feeling being smoke free. Good luck to all of you!
- —Guest Shannon
30 Days Today
- For me it was the new commercials -- you know the ones where the people have a stoma in their throat. After 20 years of smoking, I'm 30 days smoke free. My smoking friends are mad and not supportive but I'm on cloud nine. Yah me!
- —Guest laura
4 Days In
- I used to feel guilty everytime I had a ciggie, I used to think this is killing you why are you doing it! It's only been 4 days but I feel like a weight has been lifted! Hard boiled sweets have helped so much too!! :]
- —Guest Sophia
Sleep!! Oh Yes!
- I always thought of my insomnia as just something I had to live with. I can sleep eight hours now, and sleep on my back! Yes, it was the cigarettes that caused my insomnia for thirty-eight years. Go for it! Isn't this benefit alone worth it?!
- —Guest carol
Looking Forward to Better Fitness
- It seems to me like a lot of these comments are from people on day 2. It's been just over 48 hours for me for the first attempt since a couple of years ago - after a long shift in the busy bar finishing at 3am there used to be nothing else that would occupy my mind until I'd had a fag or two. I had to work hard tonight but I bought chewing gum at the garage instead - maybe I should get patches for the night-shifts? I'm proud I kept going when it would've been so easy to buy a pack on the way home, and am looking forward to keeping it up to return to my old fitness level and physique.
- —Guest Jamie
No Airplane Anxiety
- I am now 36 days smoke free after 40 years and 3 packs a day. Three things stand out. 1. If I have to fly now I don't have to worry about suffering in a plane (and in the terminal) because I crave a smoke and can't. That is why I used to hate to fly. Remember going back outside to have a smoke, then to have to come back in and go thru Security (post 911)? Forgetaboutit. 2. When I now talk to someone that smokes, now I can smell the smoke on them, not realizing before that people smelled it on me. So great to be free. 3. Workouts at the gym. Not huffing and puffing after a few weight sets. Lungs getting clearer every day! Everyone, stay strong and smoke free. It will be worth it!!
- I'm 50, but,my girl-friend calls me a 19 year old. Since I quit butts I've really enjoyed sex a lot more. I am confident and my stamina has greatly improved. When I worried about occasional impotence I was miserable. Now I'm on top of the world!.
- —Guest Herb
- 35 days of no smoking, feeling great, breathing better, no morning cough and phlegm. Thank God and Chantix!
- —Guest Denise
I am Free....
- In so many different ways, I have confidence like never before. I can breathe through my nose, sleep better at night, and my allergies have improved. My overall quality of life has improved.
- —Guest Karine
Time and Patience
- More quality time and patience with my kids, not wondering how long until I can have the next smoke.
- —Guest abbyandme77
- The best thing I did to help me get through cravings was to Google the effects of smoking. Search by images. If that's not motivation to quit I don't know what is.
- —Guest Jamie